Monday, December 18, 2006

Fragrant Orange, Hibiscus Flower and Exotic Spiced Poached Flounder with Asparagus

From The Kitchen of Tallahassee, Florida Dieter ~ Kathi Dameron

Tonight for dinner I created a lovely, delicately flavored poached fish dish I have named:

Fragrant Orange, Hibiscus Flower and Exotic Spiced Poached Flounder with Asparagus & Snow Peas

I began the dish early in the afternoon by marinating the flounder filets in a fragrant brew of artisan spring water, orange peel, hibiscus flowers, rose hips, and a secret blend of exotic spices.

Just prior to the dinner hour, I prepped some fresh pencil thin asparagus and snow peas and added them to my marinating fish and poached the dish for approximately 20 minutes.

A light drizzle of fine white wine and a sprinkle of sea salt, just before serving turned the dish into a divine tasting entree that tickled this gourmand's fickle taste buds.

No comments: