Saturday, January 27, 2007

I'm At The Quarter Mark

Right now I'm to the quarter mark on my diet. This is very exciting.

The progress of course feels slow, yet steady.

But ah, my clothes tell a different story. Being able to slip into outfits that I had not been able to wear for several years, feels absolutely wonderful. Everything is baggy! I love it! But I don't plan on buying any clothes until every extra pound is off.

Thoughts of a November '07 wardrobe shopping excursion dance across my imagination. I have not worn a size 5 or 7 since 1989. I'm so jazzed that I'm on the road to recovery from this horrible, life-robbing disease of obesity.

So far I've lost about 40 pounds.

Listen if I can do this, anyone can do this! It is about stepping away from the denial, assuming 100% responsibility for our bodies, and desiring inner healing that is an inheritance to all who are willing to ask, believe and accept the gift.

We are only deceiving ourselves if we think we can live our best possible life wrapped in fat.

For me, in some ways I found safety by being overweight. Fat was my upside down way of protecting my heart from being shattered. But in the illuminating light of truth, that reasoning has some major black holes.

With divine guidance, I've been able to fill those black holes with God's love and therefore, food holds absolutely no claim over my heart.

But Winners Weight Loss is helping me, too. Before I started the program at Winner's, I couldn't lose the weight. I wasn't eating very much. I just was eating the wrong things. Winner's has put me on the right track where the weight is coming off in a safe way.

No comments: