Saturday, January 20, 2007

Can You Help With Kathi's Pizza Challenge?

Considering that I was born and bred in the Chicago area, where great tasting pizza is as much a part of the culinary landscape; as Lake Michigan is of the geographic landscape...living a lifestyle deprived of pizza grows old.

What is a dieting pizza lover to do?

This pizza lover is experimenting with different options for edible plates that don't bankrupt the days food budget in calories or carbs.

The toppings are the least of my problems. My imagination is blooming with a veritable garden of topping ideas.

My challenge is the crust. How can I create a crust that fits the bread criteria on the Winner's Weight Loss Diet?

My first attempt was with a fat-free whole-wheat flour tortilla. But even in the heart-healthy reduced version, the tortilla was still almost triple the calories of the 40 calorie bread.

I would love to hear from you with your ideas for great-tasting home-made pizza crusts that are low-fat, low-salt and low-carbohydrate.

In the meantime, I'm going on assignment to research this subject on the Internet.
If I come up with some great-sounding solutions, I'll be sure to post them on this blog.

Do you have a weight-loss challenge that you need help with? Post it here or drop Kathi an e-mail at askkathidameron@aol.com

No comments: