Monday, November 13, 2006

Hungry For Something Hearty and Slow Roasted

From The Desk of Tallahassee, Florida Dieter ~ Kathi Dameron

With chill winds blowing outside tonight I am hungering for something hearty for dinner.

When I first looked in the freezer about 45 minutes ago ... I wasn't really too ecstatic over my choices.

I wanted to prepare a dinner that spoke to my soul and nourished me with a richness- the kind that is derived from the lovingly prepared and slow roasted process.

Maybe that seems like an oxymoron considering I'm on a diet. But I don't think it has to be.

In fact during the winter months I'm going to push ahead to create legal dinners that are soul satisfying.

Of course I don't know how this experiment will taste, because it is still cooking. However, the aroma is intoxicating! If it tastes as scrumptious as it smells.... Oh momma!!!

Ok here is what is cooking right now in my kitchen.

In a pan of roasting chicken meat, I added coarsely chopped onion, squash, zucchini, and a generous sprinkle of Mrs. Dash. Then I prepped the Winner's Weight Loss Chicken Noodle Soup in a shaker and added it to the roasting pan.

In a few minutes I get to dine on my experiment!

No comments: