Sunday, June 29, 2008

Just how much flexibility should we allow for in building relationships?

Should we build a romantic relationship with another whose interests are far different from our own?

Several years ago I bought the book, "Look before You Love."

This is a great book! It has truly impacted me far more than I could have ever realized.

It has taught me to look at the lifestyle of a man I might be interested in. It has also taught me to consider my own!

It can be all too easy to get caught up in a blurry haze of romantic stirrings and flat out ignore red flags.

I already knew that a certain man wasn't the one for me... but when he said he was watching wrestling on tv on a Friday night... I knew with certainty that I could never imagine a life with a man who watched wrestling on tv on Friday nights!

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with someone watching wrestling. I applaud them for being true to their interests and spending their time doing something that they enjoy, whatever that might be.

But for me.... there are other things that I like to do on a Friday night... and somehow these things seems totally incompatible with the idea of a tv set or a wrestling match.

Do you think I'm a tad bit inflexible or that I'm smart to LOOK BEFORE I LOVE?

buy a bus

No comments: