Sunday, June 15, 2008

I realize what I did wrong and yet I find it hard to turn the tide.

You see I let someone into my life, who began sprinkling seeds of negativity. I was doing great. Losing weight and feeling empowered to reach my goal.

But he started making comments about my weight and his words were not helpful to me.

The positive and the encouraging self-love tapes that had helped me to lose the weight got silenced, and the station got changed. Now the only words I heard were:

Rolly Polly

Fat

Your Underarms!

On and on!

While I know that I can not attach the blame to anyone but myself... I am angry at me. I am angry that I opened the door into my life to a person who sprinkles words of negativity. I am angry that I allowed his words to have a clear channel.

Now I have a tough job. I have to turn off that channel. It is harder than I thought. I have to return to my own channel of encouragement and self-love that says, "You are beautiful and thin!"

I have to discontinue ALL further association with this man, because association with him is toxic to my serenity and disastrous to my physical and emotional well-being.

And then maybe I can begin the job of erasing all the "fat" things he said to me.

We have to be very, very careful who we allow entrance into our lives. We need to be certain that they are "safe people."

A safe person is positive and affirming and sees us as a better version of ourselves. This gift they offer has the power to pull us forward into a better version of ourselves. They say, " you are beautiful" and before their very eyes we manifest into a more beautiful version of ourselves.

But if they say you are rolly polly, how can we not manifest into a more rolly polly version of ourselves?

Words... are they not more powerful than just about anything in lifting up or tearing down the spirit?


best anti wrinkle cream

No comments: