Sunday, May 04, 2008

When you live the European way, above the shop or behind the shop, in the urban quadrant of the city, as I do ... it is not unreasonable to miss the pleasures of the garden.

My present garden is limited to a postage-stamp sized plot of soil, just barely large enough to hold a tree in one square and a rose bush in another.

Yard work takes a good fifteen minutes every now and then, to pull a handful of weeds or clip the dead heads off the rose bush. Sweeping in front of the store could easily become a daily chore, as the Florida winds seem to deposit a good dusting of sand and soot to my curb. We are not all that close to the beach... why then is there always such a collection of sand to sweep away?

Is this the result of beach erosion? Do the winds deposit sand inland this far? I never imagined they could, but then I'm always finding out all sorts of things are possible that I previously didn't think were possible.

teak patio furniture

No comments: