Sunday, May 04, 2008

I will go to my deathbed praising God that I was born in a country that values freedom of speech.

As a blogger spinning out my quirky creatives, I often realize just how blessed we are in this nation.

In other places, freedom to say what one desires is not a possibility. Sometimes people are even killed for speaking their mind. How utterly unthinkable and how utterly barbaric!

Sometimes though, even in this nation, people are afraid to say things that need to be said and to stand up to the tyranny of the times.

No, it shouldn't be this way! We should all feel confident to speak out against injustice.

Recently, I heard a disturbing tidbit about some regulations that could be coming down the pike for bloggers in an attempt to rein in what a person can post on a blog. But since I don't know the full story, I will suspend judgement for the time being until I can make an intelligent and well-balanced commentary. Won't you do the same? espresso machines

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please remove the link to 1st in Coffee found here:

http://dietwithkathi.blogspot.com/2008/05/i-will-go-to-my-deathbed-praising-god.html