Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Deep Dreams Of Our Soul: Are they Linked To Hunger

Today, I can not help to wonder how much of obesity is related to the deep unrealized dreams in our souls.

As a firm believer that every person's life and purpose was planned before the creation of the world, I wonder if when we are living outside of the bullseye of our truest authenticity, if that isn't a big piece of the puzzle as to why there is such a deep hunger.

Our authenticity is tied so profoundly to our life purpose. But if our life purpose has become scattered by the choices we make and the resulting circumstances of our reality, perhaps we lose sight of what is really important for us. Perhaps we come to believe that the big dream is not ours to have and that we have to settle for something far less than what we really want out of life.

Looking at my own life, I am mad at myself for settling for so much less than I once dreamed of.
I am mad that for twelve years I settled for a fruitless and unhappy marriage. I am mad that I am constantly doing things outside of the bullseye of what I really want.

Two years ago I identified the following goals:

1. To be a prolific best selling author, bringing the dozens of book projects inside of me to fruition.

2. To be a syndicated food and entertaining columnist.

3. To be fabulous, fit and financially secure.

4. To be living in the fullness of the best version of who I was created to be.

While by the grace of God, I have made significant progress on these goals... I recognize that I am a long way from hitting the bullseye of my target because I get caught up in things that are sort of what I want. But the reality is these "sort of things" are not what I really want-hence the reason for my anger at myself this morning.

Life is far too precious not to be going after the bullseye of our dreams. In the light of introspection, the "sort of" doesn't cut it! You either are or you are not and when you are not... there is bound to be a deep void in the garden of the soul that cries to be fed.

So we can feed it with that which it truly wants or we can attempt to stuff it with that which will never satisfy us and we will continue to be starving.

No comments: