Sunday, April 08, 2007

Surviving The Holidays

Surviving The Holidays.... that is a loaded title for me!

Since this is a diet blog, I'll try to stay on topic and not run down any bunny trails.

I did it! I got through the Easter weekend without even craving a chocolate-covered marshmallow bunny.

This new lifestyle is becoming easier for me. Something else really amazing is happening. Years ago I received lots of compliments. But in the last fifteen years, I don't remember hearing any compliments on how I looked. But lately I've been hearing people tell me I look "beautiful."
Wow! It sounds kind of funny after so long. Funny, in a nice way.

Encouragement is such a great thing! I am so appreciative of people who take the time to encourage others along! We need to encourage one another. It takes so little, yet it gives so much. For some reason, my antennae has really been tuned in to the subject of encouragement for several years now. I've witnessed a real lack of encouragement with certain people. Best I can tell, some people simply are not wired to plant seeds of encouragement. That doesn't make them bad. They probably have lots of other gifts, instead.

If you find yourself lacking in encouragement, that is ok. You are not alone. Give yourself permission to encourage yourself! The best encouragement we might get... just might be the encouragement that flows from the inner most region of our souls.

From that interior region we can find the strength to survive anything... even dieting during the holidays!

No comments: