Monday, April 09, 2007

Potato Saffron Frittata with Lemon-Kissed Spinach

The Food Network shared a recipe today for a Potato Saffron Omelet, as part of a Tapas collection.

I didn't take the time to read the recipe, as I knew there would be ingredients that I wouldn't be able to eat on my diet. Yet, I found the idea to be a nice launching pad for tonights dinner.

How does this sound... a Potato Saffron Frittata with Spinach? My version will be made with egg, potato, spinach, saffron and spices, prepared in an individual souffle dish. I'll serve it inverted on a bed of lemon-kissed braised spinach, to which I'll add a blast of roasted garlic. To garnish the dish, I'll do a mosaic of colorful, confetti chopped raw veggies.

Tomorrow night should be a real adventure. I'm going to a restaurant that I have wanted to go to for years, but the timing was never right. Tomorrows adventure is part of a new project I'm working on called Coastal Culinary Odyssey. Each month, I'll be visiting a different Florida Coastal restaurant and writing it up in the new Every Day Living Magazine. Very exciting! In fact in time, I would like to research the possibility of getting a grant to turn this project into a Florida tv series. I know... I have BIG IDEAS, but that is the way my mind is wired! What can I say!

No comments: