Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Meal Replacement Solutions For Healthy Eating

Where does the time fly?

My breakfast and lunch today tasted great.

Breakfast was a prune-studded breakfast cake. My breakfast cake is made with the same quick fix recipe that takes a beaten egg, a torn-up slice of 40-calorie honey wheat bread, cinnamon, equal, a sprinkle of (dry) vanilla shake mix and a small amount of fruit.

Since my fresh fruit supply is totally depleted, I thought why don't I try adding some slivers of prune, since I do have some of those little gems in the refrigerator. As I carefully sliced a couple prunes, visions of Jewish Hamantaschen danced in my head.

Hamantaschen are my most favorite cookie. Even though I was never a fan of prunes, the prune hamantaschen that I enjoyed as a child were phenomenal tasting.

I nuked the breakfast cake for a tad over 1.25 min. Inverted the small, round cake on my breakfast plate and dusted the top with a bit more cinnamon and equal.

Delish!!

Lunch was a small beef fillet with an oriental veggie blend, stir fried with some Winner's Weight Loss Beef Supplement. A liberal shake of various spices imparted a rich and amazing depth of flavor.

I love being on the Winner's Weightloss program! It is great to be able to eat real food.

Today, I heard that the Tallahassee, Florida LA Weight Loss Center is closing. So I got to thinking about a conversation that Ruth and I had the day I was teaching cooking classes at the NE Capital Circle location.

How cool would it be to have a place where you could swing by and pick-up a ready-to-eat meal on your way home. Not something laden with fat or calories, but a replacement meal that is light, healthy and simply delicious!

I' d love to co-ordinate or consult on a project of this type with Winner's Weightloss or even a restaurant, catering company or other facility that has a state-licensed, commercial kitchen that wants to set up an "enlightened to-go" program. No, I don't want to do the cooking, but I would love to provide recipes, ideas and public relations for such an endeavor. If you are interested, call me and let's pow-wow! Food writer and former caterer Kathi Dameron, can be reached at 850-422-3599. BTW ... If you have the time, please come by and read my latest column from Entertaining with Kathi. I would love your feedback!

No comments: