Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ah, The Wednesday Afternoon Grower's Market at Lake Ella

Tired of the same old, same old?

Today I jaunted over to the Wednesday afternoon Grower's Market at Lake Ella.

This week I was smart. I made sure to get there as close to the 3:00 opening time as possible. Believe me, it makes a difference! Last week I missed out on just about everything I had hoped to procure.

The Lake Ella Growers Market, my friends, is the place to shop for produce in Tallahassee! You simple can't get much fresher, unless you grow your produce in your own garden, spray it down with the garden hose and pop it right into your mouth right there among the blooms. Lake Ella on Wednesday afternoon is the next best thing, without all the work.

I'm growing some green beans and Japanese Eggplant in a whiskey barrell at home, but the eggplant has a long way to go before I can roast it or saute it with a bit of garlic and bunch of swiss chard.

No comments: