Thursday, August 23, 2007

Stop Fretting Over What Others Think!

While dining at a quaint and obscure little restaurant off the beaten path, I overheard the following conversation.

"Set yourself apart from the rest. Don't be afraid to make the changes that will propel your life to where you want to go."

"You speak wise words. But I worry too much what others think."

"You must stop fretting over what other people will think. Follow the light within. Get help for your addiction. For as long as your addiction has its ugly claws in you, you will fail to achieve your greatest potential. "

"Then you think I should go into the drug rehab program?"

"Absolutely! I want to see you launch into the stratosphere!"

As I heard the conversation that played out at the nearby table, I considered my own addiction to sugar and carbs and realized that no matter what our addictions might happen to be, ultimately these addictions shackle us to a bondage of inferiority and keep us from realizing our fullest potential.

No comments: