Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Delicious Ingredients

On a few occasions, following a story and certain recipe in my newspaper column, I have discovered that the article has caused a run on a featured ingredient at the grocery store. Lesson learned... I always stock up on that special ingredient that I am writing about before the article comes out!

"I don't understand why the shelf is empty. Figs must be very popular right now," the grocer said to me as he scratched his head.

I shrugged my shoulders and smiled graciously. One for Kathi... I thought. Could my food column actually sway buying decisions? Who would think that from the isolated keyboard where I sit and hunt and peck with my two fingertips, that stories would emerge and end up influencing what someone might eat for dinner or serve for a special celebration.

Well I need to jaunt on over to Lake Ella right now and see what delicious seasonal produce our local growers have brought to town for the weekly Wednesday Growers Market, featuring treasures from mother nature. Check back and see what I discovered.

No comments: