Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ah, The Joy of Locally Grown Produce

"No satisfaction is more elemental, more vital to well-being, than the pleasure we seek in what we eat." ~ Mireille Guiliano, Author of the # 1 best seller " French Women Don't Get Fat" and "French Women For All Seasons"

With this thought in mind, I begin planning out a menu that is seasonally-inspired and a celebration of the late August bounty not in the countryside of Provence, but the rural regions and urban gardens of North Florida and South Georgia.

For it is from this geographic region that the luscious, locally grown products find their way onto my menus.

This afternoon I will jaunt to the local growers market at Lake Ella for inspiration for my upcoming cooking class and for nature's treasures to sustain me.

No comments: