Thursday, July 26, 2007

Game nights are a great way to entertain family and friends. Last Saturday night I was invited to a game night at the home of two of my favorite newlyweds. Everyone brought a snack to share and the host and hostess provided some of their culinary specialties.

Among the highlights of the evening for me was winning at gin rummy 500 and being serenaded with a song of happy birthday by my friends.

Playing cards was something I hadn't done in years. Sitting around the card table with my closely vested hand of 7 stirred sweet old images of playing the same game in the U.P. with my Finnish grandparents at their summer cottage on Lake Superior.

The take away lesson for me was that I really should play cards more often... they really are fun.
When I got home I looked online at poker tables.

No comments: