Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Shooting Food Videos

Today, I dusted off the digital camcorder that I purchased back in 2000 for videotaping Canopy Rose catered events.

Back then, my vision had been to create entertaining videos for the old Canopy Rose website. But we were always too busy to shoot videos.

For nearly seven years, the equipment sat stowed away on a shelf in the closet. Occasionally, I'd pull it out and attempt to play videographer.

After last night's cooking class at Winner's Weight Loss in Tallahassee, Florida - I got to thinking that I should set my camera on a tripod in my culinary studio and experiment with creating some cooking episodes.

Who knows! Maybe sometime in the future I'll share a couple of them on here... after I can figure out how to use the technology to effectively express the visions that dance across my imagination.

Anyway, I wanted to share this video I just found on youtube. I liked it. I thought it was pretty good. They used the Windows Movie Maker program to make the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOQkBP5nioY

1 comment:

Jeff Wendland said...

I have been working in the health food industry for about 10 years and I really appreciate videos like that. It would be great to see something like that sneak in for a superbowl commercial