Saturday, October 04, 2008

Carrying around extra weight takes a real toll on the body. Sometimes we just get use to the extra weight and feel a strange sense of comfort with it's presence in our life. Perhaps the fat is like a security blanket of sorts, protecting us from things.

I don't really know for sure. But I have my suspicions.

Granted everyone usually wants to be thin... they want to look great, they want to feel great.

So what is the problem? Could it be a problem that is so deeply rooted in one's past with issues all their own?

Is a weight problem more aligned with the need for the assistance of a mental health counselor than for a weight loss counselor? Or should both be part of the solution?

Why can't I just do it on my own? I'm smart! I'm savvy! I'm beyond CAPABLE! I have accomplished things in my lifetime, far beyond what I could have ever dreamt possible...
I am continually astonished by the brilliant and creative brain I've been blessed with... so why does this weight problem continue to interfere with my life?

Plantar Fasciitis

No comments: