Sunday, January 13, 2008

Yikes! I didn't realize so much time had passed since my last blog posting. My days have been consumed with first the sale of my house, then the closing, packing and moving and now getting settled into my new home and business. I wish that I could say that through it all, I was victorious in my weight loss. While I didn't put any weight on through this journey, I also didn't lose very much... at least not as much as I should have lost. Hopefully now that I am beginning to get back on an even keel, I will get refocused on losing the rest of my weight. To date I've lost close to 100 pounds! But lately I'm really struggling with sugar and chocolate cravings. One night I ate an entire pint of chocolate fudge frozen yogurt. I couldn't help myself. I just kept eating until the carton was empty. This is truly a sickness! It is really no different than any type of addiction...alcohol or drugs or nicotine. Fortunately a sugar addiction isn't illegal or cause one to have impaired judgement, but it still is self-destructive and it still sets up an unwelcome outpost in the head that tries to control one's decisions. I'll never really understand what it is that happens in the mind that causes an addictive substance to take over. But I will continue to battle this in the best way that I know how. Maybe the center should install a hidden spy camera in my kitchen, ten everytime I deviate it will catch me in the act!

No comments: