Sunday, January 13, 2008

It was Christmas time when the box of two wines arrived. Being in the middle of moving, I immediately moved them to the kitchen in my new residence, anxiously awaiting a special occasion to open the bottles and partake of some fine wine.

So one afternoon as my friends who helped me move and I sat down to a simple lunch, I suggested we try the wine. They were thrilled!

We were about to turn a meal into a celebration, thanks to the gift of wine.

They were very favorable about the wine, but for some reason I just wasn't crazy about it. Perhaps my taste buds were off that day. Perhaps the wine was a bit too dry for my taste preferences. I'm really not sure what it was. Perhaps I was too stressed with my move to enjoy a truly fine wine.

There was a bit left in a bottle and I shared it with a client a couple days ago. She also, like my other friends, gave this wine the thumbs up. I guess I need some instruction on understanding good wines. So it is for that reason that I would like to join a wine of the month club that my teach me how to appreciate a good wine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a very nice blog, good post...keep up the good job