Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Effects of Stress On A Diet

Why I think I could probably write volumes about the effects of stress on a diet. The biggest challenge I have faced before and during this diet is the varying degrees of stress in my life.

I don't know why I have let food be the crutch that has held me up during stressful times.

Even now, being totally conscious of what is happening, sometimes I can't help myself. I find there are times that I just want to plow into a hearty meal of comfort food.

I'll get a vision in my mind and I can't seem to shake it. What is up with this? I'm real close to the 90 pound mark and the 100 pound mark is just around the corner.

Yet, perhaps the most stressful days are approaching. Finding a new place to live, packing, hunting for land for sale or rent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi -- I often say food was my drug of choice, and using to cope with stress was definitely something I did. I've lost over 90 so far (week 75). I've recently started learning qi gong - it is very good for learning to relax, focus, and cope with stress better.