Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Why would anyone with any sense at all desire a retail job?

Please don't get me wong, now. I am very thankful that there are folks who man the cash registers, take my money and bag my purchases.

I'm glad that there are sales clerks and merchandisers, managers and security detail, buyers and accountants. But GOD, OH MIGHTY I just do not want to ever work retail again.

It's thankless work that pays the pits and the hours are the worst. Expect to work holidays, nights and weekends. Expect to stand in your feet all day and sometimes on your head, if you kbnow what I mean, as you run circles around the skeletally staffed store.

Now other than that, and this coming from the mouth of an F.I.T. Merchandising graduate retailing has some rewardas.

1 comment:

Eston said...

The general impression on modular homes used to be that they were created with inferior workmanship, but since the industry has evolved over the past few decades, modular homes have become known increasingly not only for their affordability, but also for their superior Cross Laminated Timber construction quality. This is due to a few major factors: access to superior quality building materials, construction in a controlled environment, factory-quality inspections, and the need for each module to be so structurally sound that it can survive the trip over highways.